- Take a family orientated guided tour
- Learn about the Renaissance and the local history
- Enjoy a taste of traditional Italian ice-cream
This tour is for children age 3 to 14 years. It will be possible to see most of the masterpieces in Florence but with a language suitable for children.
After meeting up with your guide, you will receive an insight into the history of one of the most elite family, Medici Family & Renaissance city as to how this incredible cultural movement of the Renaissance transformed not only Florence but eventually the rest of Europe, this information will also be useful tips to solve the riddles!
The guide will start off with Piazza Della Republica, the main square of Florence that marks the center of the City. After a little talk of history and the changes of the Piazza Republica since its origin, you will walk straight to the Piazza Della Duomo. A showstopper of Filippo Brunelleschi, Giotto, Arnolfo & Francesco Talenti.
Whilst passing the Duomo Square, the guide will lead you straight through the old buildings and some of the historical landmarks of Florence to Palazzo Vecchio, where the David’s’ sculpture (the original is in the Galleria dell'Accademia) by Michelangelo is placed outside the Palazzo Vecchio as a symbol of the Republic's defiance of the tyrannical Medici.
Afterward, as you walk past the Palazzo Vecchio, the guide will talk you through the Uffizi Gallery, one of the greatest museums of the world, before you reach the most famous old bridge of Florence known as “Ponte Vecchio”.
Your next stop is Palazzo Pitti, the enormous palace of Florence's largest architectural monuments of Filippo Brunelleschi and the former household of the Pitti Family, and later of the Medici's. Walking through the narrow roads of this ancient city with lots of hidden treasures, the guide will answer all the curious secrets of the city and you will explore many more interesting points of attraction to help you get the best out of your stay in this city.
Finally, the guide will talk you through the artists, architects, thinkers and political figures who led to the Renaissance, before your final stop to “La Strega Nocciola” for a delicious gelato offered to you by Star Florence.
The tour takes about one hour and a half, walking through the streets of Florence on a family-oriented guided tour organized just for you
Via dei Brunelleschi (In front of the Hard Rock Café)
- Certified guide
- Radios and headsets
- Sheet with clues
- Gelato (Italian ice cream) at La Strega Nocciola or a bottle of water
- Entrance tickets to the attractions
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is accessible by wheelchair
- Each child will receive a sheet with notes for every clue found on the road and this sheet will be a memory of the tour
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund