- Discover the story of the most elite families of the time
- Walking tour through the most important streets and palaces
- See the stunning architecture of the historical buildings
Discover the Medici's story with a walk through the most important streets and palaces. From Giovanni de Medici to Lorenzo de Medici: watch, listen and understand the power of this incredible family connected to most other elite families of the time through marriages of convenience, partnerships, or employment, so the family had a central position in the social network.
The guide will start the tour from Palazzo Medici Riccardi, the main residence of the first branch of the Medici family and then go on to the square of San Lorenzo Church, Florence’s cathedral until the 8th century. From the early 15th century, the Medici family had the church entirely rebuilt in the new Renaissance style.
On your way you will also discover the Medici Chapels, the private mausoleum of the Medici Grand Dukes, where you can admire Michelangelo’s New Sacristy and his Medici Tombs and then continue our visit across the city center, we reach the Piazza Della Signoria, a monument of Cosimo I, commissioned to Giambologna by Ferdinando. The guide will talk you through Piazza Della Signoria, to Uffizi Courtyard designed by Vasari later became a world popular art gallery.
Tour continues along Uffizi Courtyard to river Arno and crossing the river on Ponte Vecchio, we will be in the Oltrarno district where we finally see the imposing Palazzo Pitti, last residence of the Medici family and one of the most important museums in Florence today.
The tours take around two hours, as the guide will unveil the history and activities of the Medici family and their influence in Florence.
Finally, your guide will lead you to the last stop of the tour," La Strega Nocciola" to enjoy a delicious ice cream.
Porta della Mandorla (Piazza del Duomo - Front of Arnold Coffee)
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Free gelato (Italian ice cream) at "La Strega Nocciola" or non-alcoholic drink, like soda or coke, at "Hard Rock Cafè"
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance tickets to the attractionss
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- This tour is accessible by wheelchair
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough
passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an
alternative or full refund